I endeavour to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in dealing with client information and I adhere to the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), a federal privacy law.
- Accountability – My company is responsible for the personal information I receive from my clients and I will abide by the principles of PIPEDA in safeguarding that information in hard copy and computer documents. My employees also understand and abide by these rules.
- Collection Purposes, Limitations on Collection, Use, Disclosure and Retention – Any and all personal, corporate, financial and related information is collected and kept solely for the purpose of providing advice and to ensure that any products or services you purchase through me are provided quickly and correctly. In order to obtain products for you, I am required to I confidentially convey your personal information to insurers through wholesale organizations. I only collect and keep information that helps me formulate advice including personal, financial and health information. With your consent, I may share this information with my associates to get you help in areas outside of my expertise.
- Consent – The nature of my work means I must receive and retain a lot of personal information about my clients including health data, financial data and identity verification. I use this information to make judgments about your situation and to identify possible solutions to problems you might have. In becoming my client, and by signing this form, you agree to give me this information, allow me to share this information with relevant financial companies and intermediaries, and you allow me to retain your information in my paper and electronic files for as long as you wish me to be your advisor or as long as I have a business or legal need to retain the information. You also agree to receive electronic communications from me. You may withdraw your consent at any time but that will effectively end our business relationship.
- Information Accuracy – I rely on receiving accurate information in order to make appropriate recommendations. You may review the personal information I retain about you upon request. I may also update the information regularly in an effort to ensure I am making recommendations about your situation based on the correct information.
- Safeguards – All the written information I receive from you is either in secure filing cabinets or in password protected computer files. Any computer files stored off site are encrypted or locked. Old files that are discarded are shredded or otherwise completely destroyed. My staff understands the sensitivity of this information and the importance of protecting it.
Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation
Effective July 1, 2014 new Canadian Anti–Spam Legislation (CASL) may prevent you from receiving email communications from me and SMART moneygrowth – unless you confirm that you’d like to stay connected.
Stay connected. Stay informed.
As my existing client, we enjoy an “implied consent” business relationship due to the fact that you have purchased and continue to maintain a financial product or service through me and SMART moneygrowth. However, if you wish to continue receiving informative and educational articles, it is best to reconfirm your interest in my electronic mailings by replying to this email with the text,
“I consent to receive Commercial Electronic Messages from Bashir Lalani and SMART moneygrowth”
I look forward to staying in contact with you, now and in the future.
A note about CASL:
I operate my practice professionally and in compliance with the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL). As such your consent is very important and necessary, and it will stay in your permanent file for future random audits of my practice. Therefore, please respond to this email within 15 days of receipt. Thank you for your support.